Doors, that is!
Now, I know it may be a scary step, but can I just tell you how fabulous black doors are? There are so many reasons to love of black doors. They are elegant and great to have around to pick up other black elements in the room (like a blank tv screen). Oh, and not to mention the obvious features like the added shine it brings to a space, the magical way it resists fingerprints, and of course the way they make the ceilings look taller. Contrast draws the eye, and when it’s done well, it can really transform a space. Check out these examples from one of my favorite inspirational websites: www.houseinteriors.org
Til’ tomorrow, folks!
Can we please just take a moment to stop and think about the endless possibilities with wall to wall patterned carpet? I know you may be thinking, “What? Ew. Gross.” But, that would be because you haven’t seen it done well in a space. You’ve only seen it in action in dirty hotels, and therefore, I don’t blame you for the frowny-face reaction. Let me assure you, there is beauty in this creation! I won’t go into too much detail, I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves. Just know, I think I’ve got something up my sleeve….;)
Ahh…Be still my heart. Til’ Tomorrow! -KaraComments
“She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes.”
Every girl needs a little glitter in her life! Can’t wait to share the before and after of a little gal’s bathroom that’s getting a major dose of dazzle this week! Thanks to Spectrum Paint Company for hooking me up with this awesome glitter paint from Benjamin Moore!
Reveal coming soon!Comments
Are you guys fans of Project Runway? It’s a favorite show of mine because of the ingenuity that designers have to show as they create unique looks on a time crunch! I am definitely a risk taker when it comes to interiors, but I’m less bold when it comes to my personal fashion choices. Of course, fashion isn’t just about clothing, but the whole look that’s created with a great hair style and the perfect make-up! Did you know that Mary Kay® is the official beauty sponsor for Project Runway® Season 13?!
They are! And in an effort to help us amp up our personal looks, Mary Kay® sent me a package of goodies to show off two stunning looks that Global Makeup Artist, Luis Casco used this season–The Emerald Eye and A Graphic Eye!
I definitely get stuck in a rut with my make-up routine, so I was more than excited to try out these two looks!
Let’s start with the Emerald Eye. After watching the how-to video (below) I tried out the tips suggested.
And here’s how the look came together for me!
Here’s a price list for the Emerald Smoke Look if you’re interested!
- Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color – Meadow Grass $14.00
- Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color – Emerald $7.00
- Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color – Lime $7.00
- Mary Kay® Eye Smudger Brush $10.00
- Mary Kay® Eyeliner – Black $12.00
- Mary Kay® Lash Love® Lengthening™ Mascara – I ♥ _Black $15.00
- Mary Kay® Liquid Foundation Brush $10.00
- Mary Kay® Cream Blush – Cranberry $14.00
- Mary Kay® Lip Liner – Cappuccino $12.00
- Mary Kay® True Dimensions® Lipstick – Mystic Plum $18.00
- Mary Kay® Translucent Loose Powder $16.00
- Mary Kay® Eye Color Brush $10.00
- Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush $10.00
Next was the Graphic Eye look. A little more edgy in my opinion….which I loved! Here’s the video tutorial….
And how things turned out for me….
And of course, a price list for the Graphic Eye Look
- Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color – Moonstone $7.00
- Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color – Driftwood $7.00
- Mary Kay® Eye Crease Brush $10.00
- Mary Kay At Play™ Bold Fluid Eyeliner – Blue My Mind $10.00
- Mary Kay® Gel Eyeliner With Expandable Brush Applicator $18.00
- Mary Kay® Bronzing Powder – Light-Medium $18.00
- Mary Kay® Bronzing Powder – Medium-Dark $18.00
- Mary Kay® Ultimate Mascara™ – Black $15.00
- Mary Kay® True Dimensions® Lipstick – Pink Chérie $18.00
- Mary Kay® NouriShine Plus® Lip Gloss – Au Naturel $14.00
- Mary Kay® Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinävia $18.00
- Mary Kay® Powder Brush $16.00
- Mary Kay® Cheek Brush $14.00
Getting to play with new products and change up my look was really fun. The new Mary Kay® products and Luis’ videos definitely helped me to feel like I can go a little more edgy with my look and take risks! My make-up should match the rest of my personality/style, right!? And Here’s where I know you will get really excited! BlogHer is hosting a Sweepstakes where you can be entered for a chance to win $100 VISA Gift Card, plus A collection of Mary Kay® products to create one of the looks featured + some beauty essentials!! All you have to do is post a comment letting me know which look was your favorite!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
Tim and I recently spent some time in Portland. Can I just say- it was G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S We went with a group of friends to run in a relay race called Hood to Coast. The race was tons of fun, the scenery was breathtaking, and the city was the perfect mix of energy, interesting architecture, & unique activities.
While in Portland, we stayed at the ACE hotel. The ACE is a chain hotel that you can find in New York and Miami as well. Although this is technically a chain, you would never guess by the atmosphere that you are surrounded by.
Each room is uniquely designed. If I’m being honest, some of the rooms are a lot more impressive than others. My friend, Emily described our rooms as having a “minimal military” vibe. Very interesting, very Portland.
Here are some pictures of differently designed rooms that are available at the ACE in Portland…
These beautiful pics above courtesy of Lulu Lopez
The common areas of this hotel were also fun and interesting. The Ace’s take on a business center consisted of a cubby hole/bunker type set up that looked like the perfect place to curl up and read a book. Rather than taking care of work related issues, it seemed most people were more into writing poetry and prose and leaving their tidbits of advice on notes- which they left in the drawers of that giant wood filing cabinet. I wanted to take all those notes and cover a wall with them where they could be read, pondered, and appreciated. But I guess keeping them in drawers creates a fun hide-and-seek kind of element too.
Pics above courtesy of Hotel Chatter- click the link for more pics of the ACE
Did I mention the ACE is pet friendly? Add that to the list of reasons to visit!
Dog pics courtesy of Lulu LopezComments